- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each about 8 oz., tenders removed and breasts butterflied
- 8 tsp. Chipotle Citrus Rub
- 8 slices country-style bread, each cut on the bias 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing
- 3 tsp. Curry Mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
From our Shop
Preheat an electric panini press to 400°F.
Rub each chicken breast on both sides with salt and Chipotle Citrus Rub. Place 1 chicken breast on the preheated panini press, close the lid, and cook until the chicken is firm in the center and nicely grill-marked on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to cook the remaining chicken breast. Cut each breast in half.
Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Turn the slices over and spread each with 1 tsp. of curry mayonnaise. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each of 4 slices. Top with the chicken and avocado slices, dividing evenly, then sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Top each sandwich with one of the remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
Place the sandwiches on the panini press, close the lid, and cook until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
In a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, the curry powder. Chill the mayonnaise, covered, for 1 hour, and serve the mayonnaise with chicken, sandwich, or vegetables.