- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 4 large carrots)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
From our Shop
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the carrots and nuts. Beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake and enjoy!