Introduction: At Spice Pilgrim, we're not just about selling spices; we're about sharing our heritage. Our Chana Masala blend is a testament to that. This recipe has been passed down through generations of our family, and today, we're honored to share it with you. Infused with the rich flavors of Turmeric, Cumin Seeds, Coriander Seeds, and a host of other authentic spices, this Chana Masala dish is a journey through the culinary traditions of North India.
- 2 cups of chickpeas (soaked overnight and boiled)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (pureed)
- 2 green chilies (slit)
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 2 tsp Spice Pilgrim's Chana Masala blend
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
From our Shop
- Sauté the Basics: In a large pan, heat the oil or ghee. Add the finely chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the Ginger-Garlic: Introduce the ginger-garlic paste to the pan and sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Tomato Time: Pour in the tomato puree and the slit green chilies. Cook until the oil starts separating from the mixture.
- Spice It Up: Now, the star of the show - add 2 tsp of Spice Pilgrim's Chana Masala blend. This blend is a symphony of Turmeric, Cumin Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Ceylon Cinnamon, and more. Each ingredient has been meticulously chosen, keeping in mind our age-old family recipe.
- Chickpeas In: Add the boiled chickpeas to the pan. Mix well, ensuring the chickpeas are well-coated with the masala.
- Simmer and Serve: Add some water to get your desired consistency. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
A Note from Spice Pilgrim: Our Chana Masala blend is not just a mix of spices; it's a blend of traditions, memories, and the warmth of our family kitchen. The inclusion of unique spices like Ajwain Seeds and Kashmiri Chili Powder sets our blend apart, offering a taste that's truly authentic. We hope this dish brings as much joy to your table as it has to ours over the years. Enjoy!
You may also like: